Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My Baby Went to Camp

Princess Tom-Girl is off at her first camp this week. It's a week-long camp with the church and one that I pressured her into going to... hopefully she's doing okay and having lots of fun with the 500+ other kids!!! She's there with a couple of friends so that should help, but she's my melancholy child and that means she can be down in the dumps before you blink an eye. I can't believe how difficult that first day was sending her off. I was fine until I pulled her aside to pray with her and the tears started flowing. I'm sure she thought I was losing it and didn't quite understand. The only time she's seen me cry is on adoption videos and she's just fascinated by that. Anyway we are half way thru it as of today. The next two days I'll be at a training for using a homeschool curriculum we're going to try out this year so that'll help me to take my mind of her being gone. I'm excited to hear how it went.

No comments: